Jack Wiggin, Chair Sheila Hanley Longval
Steve Olanoff, Vice Chair Janica Midiri
Charles Donahue Peter Neville
Nancy Donahue John Rogers
Paula Jacobson Barbara Shea
Pam Kane Tom Viti
Peter Kane Linda Walsh
Trevor Laubenstein Kate Wynne
The Comprehensive Plan, created in 2000, is a visionary document that helps guide decisions in areas such as land use, economic development and transportation. It is not a law or regulation but a guidepost for our future. We are currently undertaking a rewrite of the document to reflect the town’s plans for Westwood’s future. The update effort commenced in 2018 and will continue through early 2020.
- Come talk to us at Public Open Houses:
Monday, February 10 - Noon - 3:00 pm, Council on Aging, 60 Nahatan St.
Thursday, February 13 - 4:00 - 7:00 pm, Community Room, Library, 660 High St.
We'll review what you'd like to see in your town. Pop by any time to chat with the Committee members on recommendations.
- Public Presentations of initial goals commenced on Tuesday, October 22 at 7:00 pm at the Planning Board meeting. Two subject areas at a time were present on November 5, November 19, December 10 and January 7, 2020. A full schedule is here. Presentations were open to the public and televised by Westwood Media Center.
Tuesday, October 22 - Community Facilities
Tuesday, November 5 - Open Space & Recreation, Natural & Cultural Resources
Tuesday, November 19 - Transportation, Sustainability & Resiliency
Tuesday, December 10 - Housing, Land Use
Tuesday, January 7 - Town Centers, Economic Development
- A community visioning session was held on May 18 at the Thurston Middle School. Thank you to all that attended and participated! You may watch the video here special thanks to Westwood Media Center! This is a summary of the workshop and a preliminary vision statement with overarching goals & themes is available here. This summary is be based on the survey and vision session only. View the May 18 Presentation Slides. The Committee Members are working on compiling information over the summer to present findings and drafts recommendations and goals at a series of Planning Board public meetings in fall 2019. The schedule will soon be determined and posted.
- The community survey closed on April 17, 2019. Results Available Here.
- Anyone not on the steering committee is invited and encouraged to participate in the public planning process by attending various meetings and events, answering surveys, and providing feedback.
- Sign up to receive email notifications about the Comprehensive Plan and related meetings and events
- Please sign up to receive all official board and committee meeting notices
- "Like" us on Facebook
- Work Plan Timeline for 2018-2019
- Frequently Asked Questions for updating the Comprehensive Plan and Efforts Involved
- Committee member description of duties