Building Department Permit Fees
Category : Land & Property Department / Board / Committee : Building Department Type : Fees
Below are the fee schedules for the various Permits the Building Department issues. These fees cover the costs of plan reviews, on-site inspections, and other administration associated with permitted projects in the Town of Westwood. Some important items to note on these fees are as follows:
- There are separate fee schedules for commercial and residential projects.
- Working without the appropriate permits may result in the FEES BEING TRIPLED once the permits are obtained
- The fees are based on the valuation of the permitted work including all labor & materials. The Building Department reserves the right to adjust the valuation of the work if it appears to be too low.
- If the scope of work covered under the Permit is reduced (or canceled) after the Permit is issued, fees will not be refunded.
- A Permit will not be issued until the fee is paid in full.
Building Permit Fees
Electrical Permit Fees
Gas Fitting Permit Fees
Mechanical & Sprinkler Permit Fees
Plumbing Permit Fees
Periodic Inspection Fees 780 CMR Table 110
THE TRANSFER OF A BUILDING PERMIT FROM ONE INDIVIDUAL TO ANOTHER (FOR INSTANCE, BETWEEN AN ARCHITECT AND A GENERAL CONTRACTOR) PRIOR TO THE START OF CONSTRUCTION WILL REQUIRE A FEE OF $500 TO BE PAID TO THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT. IF WORK HAS ALREADY BEGUN ON THE PERMITTED WORK, ANY FEES ASSESSED WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT.